Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter

 Happy easter to you all, I have had a very relaxing easter break, Good Friday my husband and I went to a wedding, we had a wonderful time. Its not very often we get to go out together. Shift work always gets in the way.
 Today I have had a busy time in my sewing room, I'm working on a few things and just for fun I started a new project. I put the last stitches in another smitten block. I really enjoy english paper piecing. I have another one prepped and ready for tonight,
 My new project involves these pretty blue stars,

 and lots of 9 patch blocks, I have made about 50 so far.
 My friend is having a birthday soon so I'm making something for her with my Lori Holt fabrics, these are so bright and cheery.
Then to finish off I made a tree to go with my birthday block swaps. It really was a very productive day. Can't wait to sew some more tomorrow, I love having extra long weekends.


Hope you have had a good Easter break and you have been sewing to. xx

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lots of nice things to work on......

Shasta Matova said...

Wow you did get a lot done, and so many beautiful projects. You showed the paper piecing on a sewing machine. Do you use a machine to join the pieces?

Christine B. said...

Wishing you a very Happy Easter Leanne! So glad you had a lovely time at the wedding and have had lots of sewing time too! Love all your pretty projects.... especially the stars! Christine x

O'faigh said...

Happy Easter Leanne, enjoye your post.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy Easter. Its nice to don some pretties for a wedding. Love all you're working on xx

a good yarn said...

What a pretty vignette of your sewing corner. Oh how I wish I had somewhere to hang a quilt as you have done here. Your EPP block looks good and reminds me that I need to work on mine. Your friend is in for a lovely birthday surprise and I hope we get to see the finished project once it has been gifted.

I am said...

Happy Easter Leanne ,love your work,you sure have been busy.

Anthea said...

Lovely sewing there Leanne... very pretty progress on your Star & nine-patch blocks, can't wait to see them come together...

Karen said...

I like your old sewing machine. Looks nice with the quilt on the wall behind it.

Around the garden

 Hi there, not a lot of sewing going on around here lately because I have been  busy spending my time in the garden. This time of year is ...