Monday, May 2, 2016

New Projects

 Hi there, hope you all had a good weekend, mine was good. They always go so fast don't they. I was playing in my sewing room on Saturday afternoon, going through my cupboards looking for some fabric. They were in such a mess, I decided to tidy up a little and to keep things organised I got to work and made some of these hour baskets, they are fantastic. They really do only take an hour to make.
 I first saw these on Instagram and everyone was making them. You can find a free tutorial on craftsy.  Just type in Hour Basket.

 I have made 4 already and yesterday I cut out a couple more, they are great for using the odd fat quarter you have just sitting in your cupboard. All you need are 2 fat quarters, one for the outer, one for the lining and some scraps for the handles. I used batting inside my baskets instead of the iron on pellon like suggested in the pattern. I felt the batting made them a bit sturdier.
 They really do hold alot.  Now isn't that organised.
 During the week I got some new English paper piecing patterns, OOOOH I love these and I can't wait to get started.
 I purchased them from Sue at Patchwork with busy fingers.
I think I will start with this cotton reel pattern first, it looks easy enough.


Thankyou for stopping by,

Have a wonderful week.

8 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely bags. They look like great new patterns . Enjoy..

Clare said...

Love EEP with Sue Daley`s patterns. I`m getting he `Just Like a Jigsaw` BOM plus working on her free SAL from last year. I use the glue pen to put shapes together :) Enjoy. Happy Stitching.

Susan said...

You can never have too many bags or baskets! Love your fabric choices. EPP is so addictive, I'm sure you'll love your new projects.

sunny said...

Love your little baskets! I have plenty of fat quarters laying around, so I may just whip up one tomorrow! I started a Sue Daly pattern awhile ago, and I need to get back to it. There just aren't enough hours in a day to do everything I want to do.....

Susan said...

Hi Leanne Lovely bags and what a great way to use them buy storing more fabric. Looking forward to seeeing the cotton real quilt X:)

Noela said...

Those bags look great, must go over to Craftsy and get the pattern. I have been thinking about getting the Octagon pattern from Sue Daley but have so many things to do already, have been trying to talk myself out of it. Hugs......

Susan said...

All those patterns will keep you busy Leanne! Especially as now you have had a tidy up- I bet you are raring to go!

Christine B said...

Love your baskets Leanne and the new patterns look fabulous! Have fun with them! Christine x

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...