Saturday, April 11, 2015

Three finishes

 I have had the best time in my sewing room recently. as you can see I have been sewing like crazy. I have been working on this dresden plate quilt for over 12 months so I thought it was about time I actually got it finished. I was sick of looking at all those dresden blades all over my sewing room. So what better way to clean them up and make them into a block.
 I have used all Bonnie & Camille fabrics and it looks so pretty. Having 4 males in my house a girl needs a few pretty things around her.
 I can't wait to get this one quilted.


 I also have been working on this disappearing 4 patch quilt for a class I am going to be teaching in May at Patchworks plus. I am so looking foreward to it. I used fig tree fabrics and of course I absolutely love them.
 I love that orange border.

 And lastly I finished this big quilt for number one son Daniel. I shared some of  it with you last week and I must say it came together so quick and easy. I love it.  The pattern is called Cosy by Bonnie of Cotton Way.
 The fabric I used is called Feed Company by  sweetwater . I love this range.
 This print is my favourite.
I'm so happy to have these 3 projects  as quilt tops, now to pass them over to Sarah for Quilting.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Cherry Shed with a bunch of my best quilting buddies for a sewing day. I can't wait.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and you find some sewing time.

14 comments:

Susan said...

Three finishes! WOW! I hope you have something left for your sewing day tomorrow! I love Dresden Plates quilts! I think I might need to make myself one...at some stage!

Christine B said...

Hello Leanne! What fabulous quilts to get finished! I love them all.... you have been busy. The fabrics are wonderful... love Bonnie and Camille and Fig Tree! Hope you enjoy your sewing day with friends!! :) xx

Chookyblue...... said...

all look great..........

Susan said...

You have beenm bus. They all look so great, especially love your sons quilt. Have a great time stitching with your buddies.

Anthea said...

Wow Leanne, you've been a busy girl indeed!
All 3 of these tops are fab - it must be a great feeling to finally get those dresdens out of the way & made up into something so pretty!

Stormy said...

Wow! You have been busy. Those are really beautiful! I truly love the Dresden Plates.

sunny said...

Well you've just been sewing like crazy! Great job on everything! I'm making my first Dresdens for the Rainbow Scrap challenge. One each month from the assigned color. I like your alternate blocks!

Helen said...

Gosh you have been busy Leanne and they all look wonderful.

the girlfriend gap said...

I'll take 1 of each quilt ; ) They all look so yummy to snuggle with. I'm hoping to make a dresden quilt soon with some Christmas fabric. Always love stars and I think the disappearing 4 patch looks so fun to try. Thanks for sharing. Janita

a good yarn said...

My word Leanne you are productive and what a delightful set of quilts for all your efforts. Daniel's is rather special. Enjoy your sewing day!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

They all look great. well done.

Lynda said...

Lots of great tops there Leanne. I'm sure you had a great day yesterday.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful quilts. Hugs,xx

Christine M said...

Wonderful finishes, Leanne.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...