Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday sewing..

 I have had a very productive weekend in my little sewing room, I made these 2 union jack blocks to make into cushions, they were a delight to make in such fresh, pretty colours.
 I just need to do a bit of quilting on them and make the cushion inserts. I'll share them again when I get them finished.
 I also made some lavender pillows, this block is from my pincushion design that was featured in the Patchwork and stitching  magazine this month. Isn't it so cute. it smells wonderful to.,  I think these would make great gifts.
 During the week I bought some printed linen, its so soft and should be fun to work with, it was one of those purchases where you have no plan for it but you want it anyway, I think a bag would look nice.
 On my desk I had heaps of ready to sew dresden plates that I was sick of looking at so I sewed those up, now they are ready to be appliqued onto the back ground.
I have to share with you my beautiful Glady flower that I picked from my garden yesterday, its perfect, no marks on it or anything. My garden is still blooming with all our summer flowers, soon I'll be thinking about planting some bulbs.


So thats what I have been up to all weekend, I am also working in a secret design for a magazine, so maybe I can share a few sneak peeks as I progress.  Have a wonderful Sunday.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

You've been very busy making beautiful things. Union jacks are one of my favorite blocks.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely blocks. Will look lovely as cushions. Beautiful Glady they are an amazing flower. Love it.

Anonymous said...

lots of beautiful projects leanne and i love your glady we used to grow them and they look fantastic cut and in vases.xx

Christine M said...

You have been busy Leanne!

Susan said...

Hi Leanne love the fabrics and colours you have used to make the union jack cushions. I got your letter a few days ago great hearing from you. I will write back this week. Xx:)

Sandi said...

Lots of beautiful photos, and that fabric - the printed linen, is just divine....xx

Anthea said...

Very pretty dresdens there Leanne - what are you making with them?
That printed linen looks interesting, I am sure you will find a lovely project for it x

Nicky said...

I love those Union Jacks, but oh my, those Dresdens, absolutely stunning, can't wait to see them finished up...

Quilt Kitty said...

The fabrics you choose for the union jack blocks are just beautiful, so pretty & happy. I'm a glady lover too. Look forward to growing them again. xx

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...