Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas decorating and a bit of sewing .

 Yesterday we set up our christmas tree and all the trimmings. It was so much fun talking about the ornaments and remembering funny things. Now the boys are teenagers they aren't really interested in helping set up the tree but our youngest son spent 2 hours with me, we had a great time decorating and chatting about christmas's past.

 Of course I have all my christmas quilty things around the house. I try and make something new each year.
 My favourite quilt designed by Kate Spain is hanging in the hallway. I love this quilt, its so bright and cheery.
 Of course we have all the decorations the boys made when they were little, Nicky made this in prep which was 7 years ago. These are the most precious ornaments we have.
 A week ago it was my friend Stephanys birthday. I made her these tags and filled them with lavender.
And a little bag for her sewing goodies.

I have one christmas gift left to make then I'm done.

Have a wonderful week.

13 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely and festive Leanne. Love Nickys Snowman he looks quite a little character. :)

chrissie said...

It all looks wonderful but the hanging is the star for me

Love Chrissie x

Anonymous said...

love all your decorations Leanne,thankyou for sharing and you made lovely gifts.xx

Christine M said...

Lovely decorating Leanne. We just didn't get a chance to start ours today (we usually do it on the 1st). Hopefully we'll start this week. I love putting the decorations the boys have made out too. They are very special.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

lovely decorations. Beautiful quilt.
Very festive.

Bev said...

Love your decorations. Thanks for sharing! I'm not even going to decorate this year so I'm getting some holiday spirit from you! XO

Deborah said...

Everything looks so cheery!

Fiona said...

lovely post to start up December.... it's fun having lovely hand made decorations and such pretty gifts you made for your friend... great idea with the lavender...

Hugz

Quilt Kitty said...

Gorgeous gifts Leanne. Looks like Nicky showed some early crafting promise that may now be hidden under his gaming skills. Fingers crossed for there return one day... xxx

Cheryl said...

Lovely decorating Leanne - you've made some gorgeous xmas things

Michelle Ridgway said...

I loved seeing your decorating...you can't better those special ornaments. Such treasures. Lovely gifts you made.

Stephany said...

Thanks a lot Leanne for the nice gifts! I'm also looking forward to decorate for X-mas. But first we have 'Sinterklaas' who brings toys for the children at 6 december. After that, we can take a Christmastree in the house.
Steph

debbie said...

Oh I just love all of them, especially the quilt. Such a clever pattern. xx debbie

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...