Sunday, April 21, 2013

A few things...

 Its been a busy week and now  another weekend has come and gone and tomorrow I'll be back into it again, The days go so fast don't you think?  I wanted to share with you some beautiful I received from Nicky for easter,  Look at this cute little bunny, he is so tiny and sweet. His body has beans in it Nicky tells me.
 Nicky also made me this lovely little draw string bag, the colours are perfect for me Nicky.
 Also some pretty ribbon, Cath Kidston tissues ( the best kind ) and gorgeous Fig tree fabrics.
 There were some chocolates in there to but they got eaten pretty quick, I love all my things, thankyou Nicky.
 Yesterday the boys and I headed off to City Mission, its a big shop full of second hand stuff, from furniture to  tea spoons. I found this cute  milk jug and sugar bowl. We really went there looking for a small cupboard for the laundry but there wasn't anything there.  Some times you just have to be there on the right day.
 My lovely friend Cathy is celebrating her birthday today, I made her this little cushion and gave her a few other goodies.
 Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the garden, there is a few summer flowers left but not many.
 This part of the garden is mine, you see hubby loves to garden  and I love to potter so I have this section  of the garden for my plants and vegies. It may look a tad boring right now but I just planted 150 bulbs in there so wait for Spring and it will be bursting with Tulips, Ranunculas, Alliums, Hyacinths and some others. I can't wait to see them start to grow.
I have been growing carrots for months and yesterday I pulled out a few just to see how they were doing, they are small but very tasty. I hope the rest grow a bit bigger. Last night at dinner my boys were laughing at their size, I'll show them. (hopefully)

Have a wonderful week and I hope you find some sewing time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely parcel to reciece from Nicky leanne and thats what i have to do is plant my bulbs before its too late.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your gift parcel was gorgeous. Love your vintage finds. How great to have homegrown veggies.

Susan said...

Hi Leanne what lovely gifts. If you check out my blog you will see that I have used the little bird you sent me in your last letter. It was so cute and fitted in perfectly with my current project. Can you let me know where you got it from please. Thank you x

Ruth said...

Such a cute little bunny and bag! The cushion is a sweet gift for your friend. I love to shop at thrift stores and went into one yesterday and found 2 pairs of pants for myself. Last week we went into a different one to see if they had a TV stand we could use for our new TV and they said that one is coming in this week, so we are hoping we'll like it.

Wendy said...

Such a lovely post Leanne. Love all the pretty things at your place, sewing, china and gardening. All gorgeous. xx

Christine M said...

Nicky has made you some gorgeous gifts and put together a lovely package. The cushion you made is lovely too, Leanne.

a good yarn said...

Thin out your carrots if you want them to grow bigger. I like them small and sweet. Nicky made you such beautiful gifts and your birthday cushion is delightful.

Anthea said...

Lovely gifts from Nicky there, and great cushion too!
The carrots look cute, if a vege can be cute... yes you WILL show those snickering boys of yours that you can grow a carrot!! x

Nicky said...

So happy that you like your swap gifts. Cathy's cushion is gorgeous, and so is your pretty garden. Sounds like your spring bulbs are going to be stunning....

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...