Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Craft fair purchases

On Saturday I headed off to the Craft and Quilt fair with my 3 friends Kim, Kate and Meredith, We had such a good time together. Before the fair I found out that a local shop from here was having a stall there and they had Tilda products, so can you guess the first stall we visited first?? Yes, I was very excited. Fresh Fabrics had a great variety of tins and fabrics, I love these 2 tins so I grabbed those pretty quick.

Then I found a piece of fabric the same as the tin so I was very excited then,



Even the lids are pretty.





The tilda fabric is beautiful, I bought these lovely pieces. I have a big plan for these babies. They won't stay in my stash for very long.







I also bought some fat quarters of basic dots, they go well with so many other fabrics, The 30's print on the end was so cute, I just had to buy that.









I really loved the blue with the brown spot, I thought that would make great tilda doll legs.











I also got 2 notepads by Anni Downs and a cute stitchery kit by Nat Bird.













I had 2 quilts in the exhibition, this one is called All wrapped up. A free pattern by Kate Spain.















And my Remember when quilt, by Libby Richardson, this is now going to hang in my quilting room at work. Its so pretty.


So with all those purchases I should be kept pretty busy for a little while at least.


I hope you have a great week and you find some sewing time.

















13 comments:

Oddbjørg said...

You sure had a nice Saturday. Lovely purchases; Tilda fabrics too ;-).
I look forward to see what you'll make.

Anonymous said...

wow and double wow Leanne love those tilda tins and fabrics,how exciting.You will be kept busy with these great buys and clever you having two quilts in,they are fantastic,i really love the present one,i have the pattern but havent made it up yet.xx

barbara woods said...

love all those things you got

Leanne said...

How exciting having two quilts hanging in the show!!!
I love the tins. I haven't seen anything like them before... L xo

Anthea said...

All those goodies!! Yay! That's great that you had two quilts shown, they are just beautiful. What a great day you had... x

Lisa said...

Lovely... just love all your Tilda purchases.. just gorgeous!!

Stephany said...

Nice tins and Tilda fabrics! They always give a happy feeling.

Steph

Kate D. Spain said...

Leanne, wow! I adore your All Wrapped Up quilt!! Congratulations on having two quilts in the show. So excited for you! Keep up your beautiful work. xo, kate

Kate D. Spain said...

Leanne, wow! I adore your All Wrapped Up quilt!! Congratulations on having two quilts in the show. So excited for you! Keep up your beautiful work. xo, kate

Wendy said...

Your Tilda purchases are beautiful, I look forward to seeing what you make. And your quilts are gorgeous, how exciting having them hanging at the show!

Quilt Kitty said...

Swoon - what great purchases! Those tins are lovely for your red & white display & fabric to match, unbelievable. Hope you are making something for you with that gorgeous Tilda fabrics. I have been eyeing that Birdhouse stitchery & frame too. I love your presents quilt, so pretty. Our big fair is in 3 weeks, yippeee! Tracee xx

Christine said...

I saw your quilts in the show and loved them both. You got some great purchases ... the tins are divine.

Susie said...

I love your purchases and congrats on having two quilts in the show!! (I love that Remember When quilt - one day I'll make it!). Thanks for sharing. Happy Stitching, Susie

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...