Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Vegie garden

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will know how much I love my garden. Every Spring and summer we get the vegie garden going. This year we have spinach, radish and snow peas just to name a few.



In one section of the garden we have green and yellow zucchini growing, I told my husband to stop watering in the steriods, Here is a zucchini that we missed so it has been growing for a few weeks and this is what we found.













Its huge and probably not that tasty now but I'll give it a go. Its 20 inches long.



I'll have to find some new zucchini recipes as we are getting a bit sick of zucchini slice and zucchini and walnut cake, any ideas??? Does any know if you can freeze grated zucchini? I should just try it and see if it works.



Have a great day.
If you're looking to buy some tools, plants or fertilizer for your vegie garden, try these coupons for Lowes.



10 comments:

Vicki said...

There's a backyard blitz happening at our house today - won't be inundated by fruit and vegies for Christmas though. Looking forward to catching up with you girls on Friday.

Kaye R said...

We used to slice 1cm slices of zucchini and cook with bacon on the barbecue. Can' tbwait for mine to grow. We also slice them lengthways and scoop out some of the middle and make stuffings and bake them just like potatoes, only you don't have to pre cook the zucchini.

Lib said...

The vegie garden looks good Leanne. That is my goal one day but not till I finish (paid) work. Too many other things take up my time

Wendy said...

Your garden is wonderful, and you have just reminded me that I better check our zucchini plant in case they have got too big!

rosie said...

I wish my vegie garden looked like yours Leanne.. It's a shame vegies don't thrive on neglect, then mine would be huge!!

Quilt Kitty said...

Great vege garden Leanne. I love zuchinni in stir frys as it soaks up the garlic & sauces, so suits all types of dish. The stuffed zuchinni mentioned sounds nice. Tracee xx

Kathy said...

Your vegie garden is looking very neat and tidy Leanne. You do have to watch out for those zuchinni though - I found one hidden in my patch about the same size as yours!

have a lovely Christmas with your family and see you in the new year :)

Susie said...

I need those zucchini's!! Just dragged my little tackers up to the shops (misbehaving and lots of screaming going on - was very stressful) to buy zuchini's to make zucchini slice and they were tiny! I came home and made it and realised I a day too early to make it for dinner on xmas eve. Now have to go out again tomorrow to buy more!

LuAnn said...

Your garden looks amazing. That zucchini would sure make a lot of bread. Your Mom will love the pillow you made for her, too. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

Christine said...

Wow. It is a big zucchini. Hope the grating works out so you can save some.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...