Saturday, September 24, 2011

I love my flower sugar

I love the quilt making process, from finding the perfect pattern that goes with that perfect fabric. I got very excited when I found flower sugar fabrics by lecien, they are so pretty, cheerful and bright. Of course I bought them on a whim not having the slightest idea what I would make with them. Then one day flicking through a magazine that perfect pattern hit me and I knew I would use my flower sugar fabrics for this quilt. Adding the binding is always such fun, probably because I know my new quilt is almost finished and I get to hold it a bit longer while I hand sew down the binding.





When I make a quilt I always make a page for my quilt journal, this one was such fun. I used fabric scraps to make my bunting. The stickers were the perfect colour to match the fabric. Inside the page I add a few pieces of fabric and I write about the quilt and include a few photos. Its always fun to look back on.














Now my quilt is finished except for the label, I decided to stitch one and add a few flowers so as soon as thats done I can sew it on the back and show you.









I love this quilt, now its time to move on and start thinking about my next project.

What is your favourite part of the quilt making process? I'd love to hear about it.










12 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Putting the binding on! Love your quilt, it looks like spring!!

Unknown said...

Your Quilt is so Lovely with that Summer Look....
I'm Like You I love the whole process from picking the fabrics to sewing down the binding...even the Quilting if it turns out Ok..lol
cheers

Melinda said...

Great quilt! Love the colors - did you use scrappy binding?

Darlene said...

I love this quilt - it's refreshing! I love sewing down the binding but I'm not sure I can explain why. :-)

Unknown said...

Love your quilt, so fresh looking. I enjoy the binding process cause I know that's the finish line.

rosie said...

That is so pretty Leanne... I think I love looking for the pattern and drooling over all the pictures, wishing I had more time..

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Leanne your quilt is truly beautiful....

a good yarn said...

It really is a such a pretty quilt and those colours just pop! Another ove;y project. ann :-)

Tess said...

Lovely spring quilt...sugar flower is so pretty.

Wendy said...

Your quilt is really beautiful, lovely pretty colours. I think I like hand stitching the binding too, it's exciting knowing it will soon be finished!

Marina said...

Those colours are so pretty and happy. I haven't made a journal page for ages but will do one when I finish down in the garden :)
Fantastic quilt!

Unknown said...

Leanne,

Love your quilt, beautiful work. I am trying to purchase some Flower Sugar fabric 30282-70 are you able to lead me to where I could get some, only need 1/2 - 1 yard so not enough to warrant o/s order. Appreciate your help. thanks Denise

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...