Saturday, September 17, 2011

Girls Day Out

Yesterday I went on a shop hop with my lovely blogger friends Sarah, Christine, Vicki and Vicki's friend Chris. We had a great day out. Sarah and I went to Fresh Fabrics at Deloraine, it was a nice shop, very bright and cheerful. This was a very special purchase from that store, It Kokka fabric in Flower sugar, its quite thick like a canvas. It will make a beautiful bag. At $35 a meter I only could afford to buy one.



Here we all are at The cherry shed for afternoon tea. It was delicious.


We went to a shop called Wells,I hadn't been there before. I got these christmas fabrics to make my christmas ornaments using the Theodora Cleave buttons.






I also found some Riley Blake Sugar and Spice fabric from Picture patchwork. I had used some of it before to make my stitching folder so I bought a few extra fat quarters to make something else.







Here is my stitching folder, I also made a matching lap top cover a little while ago.


TodaY I have 3 bindings to sew on my quilts so I will be pleased to get that done. I hope you find some sewing time today.









13 comments:

Kathy said...

Busy, busy Lizzie - sounds like you had a lovely day out. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the lovely Fresh Fabric purchase:)

Melinda said...

The Cherry Shed and Wells. Two of my favourite places.

Christine said...

Hello Leanne. It was lovely to see you yesterday. You took home some very nice fabrics .. have fun with it.

LuAnn said...

It looks like a fun day out with friends and some great fabrics you bought. Love the Flower Sugar line.

Jo in TAS said...

It's times like this I wish I still lived in Launie! I love Wells, it's one of my favourite shops and I haven't been there in ages! You got some lovely buys!

Susan said...

Hi leanne love the purchases you made and that cream tea is making my mouth water. I am dying to get my hands on some Theadora Cleave buttons but the shipping cost is way to expensive. I popped a letter in the post a few days ago hope it gets to you will you let me know when it arrives please. hugs x

rosie said...

Just absolutely gorgeous fabrics..

Wendy said...

Sounds like a lovely day out and your fabrics are beautiful!

Quilt Kitty said...

Oh leanne, the only thing better than that Sugar & Spice is the Sugar Flower fabric - love it. It's no secret that I have a sweet tooth. Wish I was there for the afternoon tea too! Tracee xx

a good yarn said...

What a fabulous day and loads of goodies! Well done! ann :-)

Cathy said...

Guess what....I did stitch today...look out...I may have bought my mojo back from Ireland with me....????

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a great day out......nice to be able to catch up..........

Craftluver said...

Hi Leanne! I love your sugar and spice fabrics. I looked it up and found some more if you need it (and can't find it anymore) at the quilted castle. It's an online shop only in the states. No affiliation! Just thought I let you know if you run out of fabric...I fell in love ieth it through your blog! And also love the Flower Sugar line. Have bought myself a couple of it before. Wish I could start on that quilt, but first I need to finish up some oldies! Have fun with your fabrics!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...