Thursday, September 9, 2010

Look what I made...

I have had a lovely week. Its the first week of school holidays for my boys so I have had the week off with them. Mostly I have been painting our new games room that my husband and I renovated, I really shouldn't say I as I didn't do much at all except paint the inside and make coffees. In between painting I have been sewing. I had to get a little bit done each done each day to keep me happy. This quilt is my most favourite so far, I was proud of myself to be able to do such a busy quilt. I usually stick to simple patterns. I used my favourite Kansas troubles fabrics in this quilt, a bit of Garden Inspirations and Bound to the Prairie. When this quilt is all quilted I plan to hang it in my bedroom. The borders really make this quilt, don't you think. They were fun to do. I can't wait to quilt it now.
Now I have finished one project its time to move onto another. I had a couple of 1930s charm packs so I decided to use them and make a quilt , The blocks come together really quickly. After working with such dark fabrics in my last quilt its fun to play with some pretty ones. I hope you found some sewing time today.




5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh WOW leanne! Your quilt is just beautiful! WELL DONE!!

My Life and Quilting said...

Hi Leanne... What a wonderfl job on the quilt that you finished... Ajob well done... :)

Chookyblue...... said...

love the quilt........it looks great.........

Nicky said...

Your quilt is beautiful - Congratulations!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The quilt is just awesome....

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...