Sunday, April 18, 2010

A finish for me...

At long last this quilt is finished. I started it 2 years ago and while the stitchery only took a few weeks to complete I decided to hand quilt it. I worked on it for awhile then got bored so it sat in the wardrobe for at least 12 months then last week I decided to get it finished and all last week all I did was hand quilt, before work, after work, after dinner and before bed. Whew, now its done and today I sewed on the binding now I just need to sew it down. I'm so pleased with it. This is my favourite block.

Now that project is almost out of the way I sewed borders on my Family Values blocks that I did quite some time ago, I am using Kansas troubles fabric called Vine creek, its so beautiful. I use Kansas troubles alot in my quilts which I'm sure you have noticed.
I hope you found some sewing time this weekend.



7 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

You have finished some beautiful quilts of late! You should be pleased with yourself, its turned out lovely!
Lisa
PS Love your new header

a good yarn said...

It was well worth the wait, Leanne. What a stunning quilt stitched with so much love. Your Vine Creek blocks are fabulous! I have a jelly roll of this fabric waiting to be transformed.KT fabrics never disappoint. Cheers, Ann :-)

Sarah said...

Very nice Leanne! How are you going with your Postcards?
x Sarah
PS: Love your new header :+)

Roseanne said...

What a great job you have done on your quilt. It is beautiful well done.
x RAZZY

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Oh Leanne your quilt looks great. Its always nice t have a UFO complete

Anonymous said...

I just love that pattern! Very nice quilty :o)

Unknown said...

Nice Quilt..Great to have another Finish.
cheers

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...