Friday, March 19, 2010

Shop samples

I'm so lucky to work in a patchwork shop. I get to see all the newest fabrics and patterns that come in. Often we make samples using a new range of fabric or testing out a new pattern.
Below is a block I did to go with a quilt I'm working on for the shop called Remember When by Libbly Richardson, its beautiful to do and the fabrics are so pretty. Customers love to see finished quilts, it often entices them to buy a kit for themselves or do a block of the month. This is a new bag that we have for sale, its not a sample but the real thing. Good for cat lovers.


These gorgeous elephants were made by Kim, she is a wizz at making soft toys. Aren't they just so cute. I can't quite remember who the pattern is by.


We had to have a Rouenerries elephant, this fabric is almost sold out now. Wait til you see Lillians new quilt she made using this range, its just stunning.



Here is Kim's latest creation, isn't he a hoot. If you'll pardon the pun.... Have a good weekend.




5 comments:

a good yarn said...

So much eye candy! Too much temptation - how do you not spend all your wages? Cheers, Ann :-)

Mari said...

Lovely things again. Gosh if I had time for sewing too.

Fer said...

Lovely!

The elephants by Kim look like the pattern by Hilary Lang of Wee Wonderfuls, and published in 'Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts'. It's a great book.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures :o) I would love to work at a shop!

Unknown said...

Too tempting , all those lovely things .

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...