Sunday, September 13, 2009

Quilt Exhibition

On Thursday my quilt group The launceston Patchwork and Quilters started a 3 day quilt exhibition, I think most members had at least one quilt on display, I put 2 quilts in but have no photos as you have already seen them. There were so many quilts and here are a few of my favourites,I loved the Dear Jane quilt, it has inspired me to keep going with mine. I'll get it done one day.
This lovely bear quilt was stitched by my friend marina.

I love stitchery quilts, this one was made by my friend Erica. We work together at the quilt shop.


I liked this Japanese quilt with circles appliqued in the back ground, its very unique and looks so effective.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the stitchery quilts!! They are so lovely :o)

Anna J said...

Hi Leanne,
Loved looking at your quilts at the Punchbowl Centre. There were many beautiful quilts to admire. Liked the ones that were made from the material from South Africa, as well. :)

a good yarn said...

Marvellous quilts! I'm heading off to a quilt exhibtion at the end of September. So much work goes into putting these events together. I would like to have seen yours. Cheers...Ann :)

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...