Sunday, June 7, 2009

A busy weekend



I love a long weekend, especially when you have time for sewing, yesterday I started putting these blocks together, they are from Natalie Birds book "From the Heart" The quilt is starting to look really pretty. I also made a few more Dear Jane blocks, I'm really loving these, I must admit to doing the easy blocks first. Once I grasp the technique of foundation piecing I'll be able to tackle the more difficult blocks. I hope you all found some time to work on your projects over the weekend.

9 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Lovely blocks! I'm about to get off the computer and go to my sewing room!
Hugs
Jo

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh.. I love these... :o)) Absolutely fantastic.. The stitcheries are so sweet... nice job Leanne... hmmm..Natalie Bird you said?

alda said...

your blocks look very good, your fabric choice is great. Love it!

Bec said...

They are beautiful! I'm off to join Jo in TAS - leaving the computer to go do some stitching!

a good yarn said...

Well done Leanne. I'm not making anywhere near as much progress as you. Might have been all that housework I've been catching up on. Drat! Not as much fun.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous blocks !

Fer said...

Nice to see you making such good use of this foul weather! Looks great Leanne.

Christine said...

Oh, they are gorgeous Leanne. You do such lovely work.

Anonymous said...

Those are SO cute! Very nice!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...