Monday, March 2, 2009

My trip to Melbourne

On Saturday my friends Cathy, Anna and myself headed off to Melbourne for the quilt convention, we had a great day together, shopping, talking and catching up with a few of our Tassie blogger friends. I even met Gail Pann who was just delightful,
These are a few reproduction fabrics I bought, I think I'll make a quilt for one of the boys, the blues and browns are beautiful together.

I want to make this quilt, This was on Natalie Birds stall, I loved the pink and reds.


More of Natalie's work, she was very kind and let me take a photo.





Melbourne buildings were very interesting, some very old and some very high.







6 comments:

a good yarn said...

You only want to make *one* of Natalie's quilts?! I'd like to make them all. I think her designs are amazing. How nice to meet Gail in person.

Miss,

Can I hand in my homework next week?

Cheers
Ann :)

Isabella said...

Soo glad you enjoyed your trip I like that country quilt too had a look at it blown up :-0

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us enjoy too.

Kerry @ Cottage on the Hill said...

Looks like you had a great time in Melbourne, Natalie's work is really cute.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh...you really must have had a wonderful time!!! Thanks for posting some photos!!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time . The quilt below is lovely .
clares craftroom

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...